Monday, February 7, 2011

I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE??

I haven't had much to say lately because I've been exhausted keeping up with these kids. I am still really enjoying my job and having a lot of fun! Since I don't have a ton to say I'll tell you about some of the off-the-wall things these kids have said to me. Keep in mind, they all have autism so I have a little more patience with the funny things they say than I would be with other students.

So today, I'm sitting in the back of the room during one of the classes that I go to and one student... let's call him Bob.... turns around and looks at me. Then, clear as day, Bob says to me, "Stop being such a baby!". Turns out someone had said that to him earlier in the day. Seeing that he is feeling a little feisty today, I go and sit beside him and explain that we can't just go around saying those things to people. So he replies with, "I am sick and tired of you." WHAT??? Ok, where is this coming from?? So I ask if he was directing that statement toward me or just repeating something someone else had said. He looks directly at me and again says, "I am sick and tired of you." Now I have to explain that we do not talk like that to anyone, especially a teacher who is really nice to you.

Later, we are in science class and Bob raises his hand in the middle of the lesson. Thinking I am doing the right thing, by allowing him to ask his question instead of trying to answer it myself, I just let him keep it raised until he is called on, since that is something we've been working on. The teacher calls on him and he shouts, "I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE?" Oh my gosh, random?? I'm pretty sure my job is to keep outbursts like that from happening. Whoops.

Another kid, we'll call him George, likes to tell me about the kingdom that exists in his head. He's got the biggest imagination that I have ever seen!

So there's a little tid-bit of the funny things I get to hear all day. I love how these kids just say whatever is on their mind! It may not always be appropriate, and we'll work on what needs to be kept to oneself, but until they master that skill I'll have a few good stories to tell.


If that wasn't enough for you, here are some funny classroom jokes... some are kind of cheesy, but mostly funny.

-Miss Land

No comments:

Post a Comment