Saturday, July 14, 2012

I'm still alive ... I swear.

Ok, I got out of the blogging habit when I didn't have internet at my apartment for a while, but I am ready to get back into it! I love to write and it makes me feel really awesome when people tell me they actually read this thing! So here's an update: 1. Wedding is FOUR months away. I'm so ready for it to be here already!!! Most of the big things are taken care of, and now it's time to do the boring little things. 2. I am currently living with my Aunt Kim and her family. I am super thankful that they are so welcoming and let me just come on in without any notice. Not sure how long I will be here all of that kind of depends on the job search. Which brings me to ... 3. I have applied for jobs in Wilson County and every county that touches it and haven't gotten ONE SINGLE CALL for an interview. I have remained fairly positive that I will get a job... until today. I don't understand what I've got to do to get someone to pay attention to me! I have a great resume, and I am the best darn teacher these people are going to find. So what is the deal?? I have emailed every principal in Wilson County and I only got a reply from three. They all said the same thing, "We have no available positions, but will keep you in mind if any come open". That's the equivalent of going on a miserable date and the guy saying "Hey, I'll give you a call sometime." Not gonna happen. I know the Lord will provide, but I feel like there is something I should be doing to make this happen. So anyways, that's the skinny. I'm working on one big fat post to sum up the events in the last year that have put me in a blog-funk, but I get overwhelmed and just keep thinking I'll do it some other time. Thanks to all of you faithful friends who keep encouraging me :) And if you have any awesome advice, please feel free to comment! I need all I can get!

1 comment: