Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First week as a shoe copywriter...

Ok, so maybe my favorite thing about the new job is that I have to type the material in, somewhat like a blog, and I have learned how to skip lines and add bullets. Like this:
  • OK.. so this line should be a new bullet.
  • And so should this one
And now I should have skipped a line if I have done it correctly. Seems like this would be super easy, but it is so easy to get mixed up.Other than learning this cool new trick (apparently called HTML...), I have learned all kinds of shoe vocabulary that I had no idea existed. Like:
  • vamp - upper front
  • instep - kind of right in front of your ankle
  • perforated - Breathable holes
  • hook-and-loop closure - The way most Velcro(r) straps work
  • Elastic goring panel - Stretchy band
  • and the list goes on...
And another fun fact about this job - It is way less stressful than teaching. I come in, get situated at my cubicle, and then start writing descriptions about racks and racks of shoes. That's right, I am surrounded by shoes all day! However, most of them are kids shoes... or these hideous skater shoes. But occassionally, I get the opportunity to write about one of these beauties! Here are a few more of the descriptions I have written in the past week: Puma, Stride Rite girls, Mens' Kenneth Cole, and my very least favorite of all: Etnies.

I have learned so much in the past week, thanks to my awesome friend, Karla!  And I am loving it :)

-Miss Land ... shoe describer extraordinaire





1 comment:

  1. I love this! And you are doing a great job! Having you at work makes me so happy! Hopefully, we won't have many more pumas or skate shoes this week! Or CROCS! Lol love you!!

    ReplyDelete