Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Page...

Welp, after applying for at least 50 jobs all over Middle Tennessee and still hearing nothing, I have accepted a job as a temporary copywriter for Shoes.com. A good friend brought up my name when they were talking about hiring someone to help her out for the Fall season. I sent them my resume and the lady who was doing the hiring called me. We talked for like 30 minutes about the details of the job and the next day she called and offered me the position. I was a little hesitant, but had kind of given up on hope for a teaching position and decided it is great to have something to last a little while at least. The job runs from the end of July to the end of September. This could go one of two ways (in my head at least): Situation #1: When this job is over I will substitute teach in Wilson County, be able to have time off for the wedding, and then prayyyyy for an interim teaching position in December, that will lead to finally getting an actual position the following Fall. Situation #2: I'll be the best darn temp they have ever had and they will love me so much that a spot will come open to work there permanently and my whole career path will change direction. Or maybe it will play out way differently than I can imagine. Either way, I am headed to Wilson County tonight to stay with friends for the end of this week until I either find an apartment or someone who will house me until wedding time. Those of you who have been praying for me, send up a prayer to strengthen my faith in knowing the Lord will provide. I know He will, but worry anyway. I stress about um... everything these days! So, here's to the end of sleeping in and laying by the pool on weekdays and the beginning of figuring out what to do with my life :) -Miss Land

No comments:

Post a Comment