Thursday, August 9, 2012

Whew!

Ya'll, it has been an EXHAUSTING couple of weeks!

I finally got settled in at the house of some of my good friends, and I am finally going to be settled down (somewhat) until November.  I am so grateful for my friends, Ben and Channing who have opened up their home to me and let me haul all of my stuff into their spare room until wedding time.

I have started getting the hang of the shoe copy writing business and I still really enjoy it!  Today was super slow, but apparently next week we will be SLAMMED with tons of shoes.  I guess that's the calm before the storm.

I have really been missing my old, comfortable routine of going to work, working out, eating, then going to bed.  It really was super easy and I knew what I was doing.

The new routine is more like:
  • Get up
  • 30 minute commute
  • Work
  • Spend lunch doing a wedding task
  • 30 minute commute back
  • Scarf down a smoothie (courtesy of my new magic bullet... I am obsessed. Got anything that needs pulverizing? I can help you with that!)
  • Unpack something, or pack something, or do laundry, or whatever wacko random task is awaiting me.
  • Assemble some sort of dinner at Jordan's and leave it on the counter with directions
  • Run to the Y in the biggest hurry of my life because I hate to be late for classes
  • Sprint back into the house because I forgot a water... or my keys... or shoes
  • Work my booty off (I wish... that thing won't get any smaller)
  • Head back to Jordan's for dinner 
  • By now, somehow, it is like NINE
  • Leave to go back to my new bed
  • SLEEEEEEP
  • Repeat
I'm sure I will eventually settle into a routine that doesn't leave me frazzled.  Until then, I will keep functioning on coffee and smoothies.

Also, just a side note.  I really miss my Cookeville family and friends.

So many big changes are happening and I am learning to abandon my own plans and rely solely on the Lord. He's got this!

-Miss Land

No comments:

Post a Comment