Monday, September 3, 2012

Another yummy treat!

Again with the "hangry" issue that I have...

If I don't eat breakfast, I don't function.  Plain and simple.

However, I have a war with myself every morning.  Sleep 10 more minutes.. or have time to fix something to eat?  Sleep? Eat? Sleep? Eat?..... Sleep wins 9 times out of 10.

So I've been looking for a solution.  What can I prepare ahead of time that I can grab and run out the door, but is still "clean" and nutritious?

I found  a baked oatmeal recipe on Pinterest and it was okay, but lacking some yumminess.

I've been baking one of these on Sunday and heating it up through the rest of the week.  I've tweaked it each time and have finally perfected my recipe!

Tasha's clean, yummy, awesome baked oatmeal

1 c. Old fashioned oats (not  the instant or 1 minute kind... although they would work too)
1 c. Whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
dash of salt
4 packets of Truvia
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 T melted butter
1 egg
2/3 c. milk

ANY fruits and nuts you want to add.  My favorite batch used fresh blueberries, banana, and a granny smith apple.  I also use chopped walnuts each time.

Step 1:  Pour oats into a bowl and add just enough water to almost cover.  Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Step 2:  Mix all of the ingredients together with that oatmeal, (not sure how accurate my milk measurement was... so just know you want it to be the consistency of banana bread or muffins... add more or less milk if you need to) then pour into a greased, 9x13 dish.

Step 3: Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

It's that easy!  After it has cooled, I cut it into squares and place in ziplocks in the fridge.

So easy, and oh so yummy....

Now, go eat some!  No more fatty fast food breakfasts or sugary cereals!  

No comments:

Post a Comment