Monday, January 3, 2011

Here Goes...

   I recently graduated from Tennessee Tech University with a B.S. in Elementary Education.  I don't have a job yet, and I am totally okay with it.  I'll spend the Spring semester substitute teaching in Putnam County, where I hope to have a job in the Fall.

   I love the classroom.  I love books and pens and markers.  I love seeing things through the eyes of children.  I especially have a heart for children who come from lower-income situations.  My goal as a teacher is to let every single kid that comes into my classroom know that they have just as much opportunity and potential as anyone else out there, no matter their background. Hence the quote at the top of the page.  I want them all to know that no matter who they are and where they are from, they have the potential to own the whole darn railroad if they want.

   So anyways, this blog might get a slow start due to the fact that, well, I'm not teaching yet. Really, I'm not even totally sure where it's going to go... I might have two followers by the end of this or two thousand.  Either way, I'm excited to document the ups and downs and all arounds of my teaching career! Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment