Monday, January 17, 2011

Triple Grande, 2 pump Caramel, 2 pump Mocha, Nonfat, With Whip and Both Drizzles, Mocha please : )

I have been so blessed to have had the opportunity to babysit for a friend for the past five days while she and her husband were in Aruba. The money that I made from babysitting was pretty much exactly how much my bills add up to, so I am covered for January. This was such a blessing because I was just starting to worry about whether or not I could make ends meet until I get busy with substituting. I am a little more than halfway through Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover and I am super inspired to start off my adult life on the right foot financially. That is why I have decided to go back to Starbucks and work nights... I hope this is a good decision and that I won't be too terribly busy once I start substituting. During the summer months I can't substitute and will still need some sort of income, so I feel like this is a smart decision. I worked at Starbucks two years ago and loved it! It was a super fun job! I turned in my application yesterday, so let's hope they want me back! I went in and talked to some of the girls I worked with there two years ago and they said they are hiring, so that is promising.

That was a little off-topic, considering this is a blog about my teaching adventures, but it is just a part of my journey until I finally get my own classroom. So anyways, tomorrow I plan on taking my business cards and putting them in teachers' mailboxes. And Wednesday I will be substituting for a fourth grade class... the same class that I student taught. I can't wait to go hang out with all of my favorite students!! Friday I am subbing for the first grade class that I also student taught in. I've got a fun week ahead of me!

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:9

-Miss Land

No comments:

Post a Comment