Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hi, I'm Natasha and you're going to want to hire me! kthx

First things first, I am already committed to subbing TWO WHOLE DAYS the week after next! Yay!!!!! Now, as far as getting my name officially on the sub list... I don't think the people in the central office are ever in much of a hurry. So if my name is not on the list by, say, Tuesday, I'm going to go from being proactive to being just plain irritating. I don't know if they realize how determined/excited I am... but they're going to!

The week before schools let out for Christmas break, I had planned on taking my resume around to all of the schools in Putnam County and getting my name out there. The schools were snowed out the entire week. So today I planned on trying again. Schools were two hours late because of icy conditions this morning. I almost let this change my mind about going today, but after climbing back in bed for two more hours, I hopped out of the bed and was determined to make it to as many schools as possible today and meet me some principals!

My first stop was the school where I student taught. It was so great to go back and see my super fun students and all of the awesome teachers that I spent the semester with!! It really made me feel good to go back and be so warmly welcomed. I gave the principal my resume and thanked him for sharing his school with me last semester.

After that I was off to the other thirteen schools in the county. I made it to about 6 of them. Most places were super friendly and encouraging! I plan on going to the rest of the schools on Monday. Until then, I am spending the weekend in Mount Juliet and planning a girls day for tomorrow :)

1 comment: