Friday, January 28, 2011

Insert witty title about crummy day here.

So... I knew something was off when I woke up at six this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Two hours later I finally fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until noon. Not like me at all. I'm a morning person. So anyways, I sit around for a little while waiting on an email from the Central Office. In the meantime, I look at the date. January 28. Today makes two years since I lost a dear sister from my Kappa Delta pledge class. We weren't super close, but shared a bond that will last a life time. My heart breaks for Leah's family and closest friends. AOT.

I finally decided to send an email to the central office. They obviously weren't in any hurry to send me the paperwork I need. I get a reply with a checklist of things that need to be done by 4. It was 2:30. So in that amount of time I needed to print off about 30 pages of paperwork, fill it all out, and get a physical. Yeah, apparently you have to have a physical before you can work in a school. So anyways, that's when the entire day when awry.

I'm printing the paperwork and my car gets backed into... no big deal. I can deal with that. I take Kim's car and run the paperwork to the central office (I thought they closed at 5 so I call at 3:55 to make sure the lady I need to see will be in the office... apparently they close at 4:00) So I tell the lady not to go anywhere and that I will be there in 10 minutes. I get there and she proceeds to tell me about the million (ok more like 4) things that I still need to do before I can work. I'm supposed to work Monday morning... it's now 4P.M. on Friday. Not sure how good your math is, but basically I am out of time to get things done. And I have a car whose bumper looks like an english bulldog's nose.

Ok, whatever, I can make this work.... Still thinking positively. So Kim has my car at the shop getting an estimate, and I am at her house. It's about 5 by this time.

Now my phone rings.... and I realize that the babysitting job I had written in my planner for NEXT Friday is actually supposed to be today. I'm supposed to be there in like 30 minutes. No car. On top of this, Jordan is on his way from Mount Juliet to spend the weekend here. Fantastic. I'm crying now. Too much going on in too little time.

Fast forward six hours. The four kids I'm watching are upstairs laying down and watching TV. My nails are painted a hideous combination of teal blue and silver. But I actually had a pretty fun evening with the kids.

Didn't get p90x in today. Also, didn't get that physical done. The board will just have to wait on that. My room didn't get cleaned like I had planned. But, I survived. And I'm going to have a fun day tomorrow! Pretty weather is in the forecast!

No comments:

Post a Comment